New Russian confirmation assessment rules of telecommunication facilities
The Russian Rules for organizing and carrying out certification and declaration procedure of communication facilities come into force on March 01, 2023 (Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1387 dated 2022-08-05).
The main novation:
1. Ministry of Digital Development, Telecommunications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (further - Ministry of Digital Development) have taken over all functions of Federal Communications Agency in the field of conformity assessment (register certificates and declarations in the Registers, maintain of these Registers, cancellation of certificates and declarations, approve CoC/DoC forms, etc.).
For information: Federal Communications Agency didn't longer exist from 2020-11-20.
2. Certification Body don’t register certificates in the Register anymore. Certification Body conduct all certification works, issue certificate and send authorized copies of certificates to the Ministry of Digital Development for registration in the Register of certificates (before – Certification body registered certificates in Register).
3. Applicant for certification of telecommunication means can be manufacturer or seller only (not Local Representative).
Applicant for declaration of telecommunication means should be still Local Representative from Russian Federation or seller.
4. When certificate is issued for 1 year, inspection control is not required anymore (for certification schemes No. 1 and 2).
5. Applicant send the declaration in electronic form or in two copies on paper to the Ministry of Digital Development for registration in the Register of declarations (before - only paper copies).
6. Some terms of performing certification works are reduced.
More information about national certification/declaration process in Russian here
Original version of Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1387
The information has been prepared by the IMA Simple team.
IMA Simple global services open extended opportunities for business. We provide a full-cycle international approvals service for IT, Telecom and electrical products and help your products meet the requirements and reach your target markets. IMA Simple team identifies applicable rules and standards and help you to get the certificates and declarations needed to sell your products in any country. We are always happy to make market access simpler for our customers.
Our experts will be happy to advise you on all changes to the EAC certification.
We are glad to hear from you, don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org